To Reserve a Date For An Investigation
Interested in investigating either the Jail or the Speakeasy? We would love to have you investigate our locations!
First thing is to check the reservation calendar: http://pub12.bravenet.com/calendar/show.php?usernum=1024652414
There are a few things you should know prior to leaving a deposit or paying in full for your investigation:
1)Weekday reservations require a $50 security deposit to hold your date and weekend dates require $100. You can have up 8 ppl in your group, anyone over 8 is an extra $20 on top of the base price.
Any questions - please call 765 405 0122.
This reservation is NON-REFUNDABLE unless cancelled 14 (Fourteen) calendar days in advance of the investigation.
2) Payment is full is required 7 days prior to the investigation. If you do not pay by that date, you will forfeit your deposit and date will become available for others to investigate. We DO NOT accept any money at the investigation. ALL COSTS FOR EVERYONE IN ATTENDANCE MUST BE MADE IN ADVANCE OR THEY WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND THAT EVENING!
3) All visitors MUST be 18 years or age or older..NO EXCEPTIONS!
4) You will be responsible for any and all damage caused by your group. You damage it you pay for it!
5) The use of alcohol or drugs is prohibited. We reserve the right to stop any investigation and have you removed
if we catch or fell that this activity taking place. Discrection is solely of the management. Police will be contacted.
If you are going to investigate the old jail or the Downtown Old Speakeasy building:
1) You must first check to see if the date you wish to investigate is open and then make the required $100. Your date is NOT verified until after we receive your deposit and you see the date reserved on the calendar.
2) You will receive an email verification from the jail acknowledging your reservation (not from PayPal but separate from the jail itself). IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE THIS EMAIL CHECK YOUR SPAM BOX!!!! WE SEND AN EMAIL TO EVERY PERSON WHO RESERVED THE JAIL. CHECK YOUR SPAM BOX DAILY!!
3) You Must arrive with a photo, government issued I.D. with you the night of the investigation. NO EXCEPTIONS! (No I.D. - no investigating - no return of payment - you HAVE been warned)
4) You must download the Release below prior to coming to the Jail or Speakeasy. We do not keep printed copies at the jail - print yours out before you comet! DO NOT SIGN RELEASE UNTIL YOU ARRIVE AND IN FRONT OF STAFF WHEN REQUESTED. YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO SHOW A PHOTO ID AT THAT TIME. (Read #2 above carefully)
5) Anyone willfully causing any damage to the property or theft/vandalism of any kind will be prosecuted to the
fullest extent of the law. We work very closely with the Hartford City Police Department.
Thank you for wanting a night to investigate at either the Old Haunted Jail or the Old SpeakEasy. Below is the information you will need to finish the reservation process. Your deposit is due 14 calendar days prior to the investigation. Your date is NOT CONFIRMED until deposit is received. If your investigation date is closer than 14 calendar days, your payment MUST be made in full for everyone attending. We accept PayPal which accepts most major credit cards or checks. Cancellations that are made a full 2 weeks (14 calendar days) prior to your investigation date will be fully refunded; anything under 2 weeks (less than 14 calendar days) will not receive their deposit back. Deposits will be applied to the total donation of your investigation and is not an extra fee. The remainder of the investigation cost must be paid, in full, 7 days prior to your investigation date through PayPal (if extra people are coming after the final donation was made the extra total can be paid by PayPal prior to your arrival). The Old Haunted Jail and Old SpeakEasy has the right to cancel any reservation at any time. If we cancel your reservation we can apply it to a new date or refund it in full.
PayPal: If you have a Paypal account or are willing to set one up you can quickly and easily transfer money to The Old Haunted Jail or Old SpeakEasy must agree to these terms and click the link below and follow their easy steps. It is the fastest and a secure way to make your deposit and final donation.
Below are the terms for entering either the Old Haunted Jail or Old SpeakEasy Properties. Please read, and pass on to fellow investigators, before coming for your investigation. All guests will have to sign the official consent form(s) upon arrival. Do not sign in advance! Be sure to print them out prior to your arrival!
No entry onto properties without:
1. Signing of waiver and rules upon arrival,
2. Showing drivers license to verify your name, age
All rules are with no exception and final. Anyone not following rules will be asked to leave the premises. There are no refunds for those who must leave early because they broke the rules.
- This property is for serious investigators and history aficionados. If you are just looking for a place to party this is not for you. - Guests must print, sign and date waiver and rules upon arrival on premises. - Drivers license must be presented to verify name, age upon arrival on premises. - No open or encased flame, of any kind, is allowed in or near the properties. Smoking is only permitted outside the buildings. ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING WILL BE ALLOWED ON ANY OF THE PREMISES. All cigarettes and cigarette ash must be disposed of in provided container(s) only. - No excessive noise. All conversations must be kept to a normal volume and any other form of sound must be kept to a minimum to respect our neighbors. - No entity cleansing, passing-on rituals of any kind. - No negative communication or taunting of spirits. No summoning of bad or negative spirits or energy. - Please refrain from pointing flashlights outside of front windows because this tends to startle passing vehicles. - No drug or alcohol use allowed on premises. - No littering. Please leave the properties and it's property how you found it or better. - Closed toed athletic shoes or better must be worn at all times in the BOTH locations. - Do not take any artifacts from premises. - No jumping or running allowed in wither building.
When you enter The Old Haunted Jail or Old SpeakEasy to engage in a recreational or physical activity or event to attend or otherwise participate in such activities, therein (collectively referred to as “Activity(ies)”). I understand that my presence at and my participation in any Activity(ies) are a matter of my personal and private choosing, and are entirely voluntary. The Old Haunted Jail, The Old SpeakEasy, its owner, subsidiaries, affiliates, associates, representative(s), host/guide, and/or related entities or any of their respective representatives, predecessors or successors is collectively called the “Releasees”.
Declaration of Health: I represent and warrant that I am in good health and sound mind and that I know of no reason, medical or otherwise, why I can not or should not participate in the Activity(ies). I acknowledge that participation in the Activity(ies) is not recommended for people with heart conditions, pregnant woman, people prone to seizures or anyone who has a medical condition that is made worse by fear, anxiety or flashing lights. Participation in the Activity(ies) is solely at my own risk. I acknowledge that the Releasees shall not assess or approve my physical fitness for participation.
Assumption of Risk/Indemnification: I know that certain Activity(ies) present obvious risks and dangers of which the Releasees owe no obligation to warn me. I am also aware of the risks and dangers and represent that I am in good physical condition and that I have no disability, impairment or ailment which may prevent me from engaging in any such activity at The Old Haunted Jail or SpeakEasy. I acknowledge that the Releasees are relying upon my truthful representations contained within this rules.
THEREFORE, IN CONSIDERATION of the permission granted to me to enter The Old Haunted Jail or Old SpeakEasy and participate in any Activity(ies) at/on the respective grounds, I voluntarily release, discharge, waive and relinquish any and all actions or causes of action for personal injury (real or perceived), property damage, wrongful death or any other claims or liabilities occurring to me arising as a result of engaging in said activity or any activities incidental thereto wherever or however the same may occur and for whatever period said activities or instructions may continue, and I for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns hereby release, waive, discharge and relinquish any action or cause of action, aforesaid, which may thereafter arise for me and for my estate, and agree that under no circumstances will I or my heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns prosecute, file suit, or present any claim for personal injury, property damage, wrongful death, or any other claims or liabilities against the Releasees for any of said causes of action, whether the same shall arise by the negligence of any of said Releasees, or otherwise. Further, I grant permission to the Releasees to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings or any other record (referred to as “media”) of the Activity(ies) containing my name, likeness or performance. I also agree that no such media acquired will be published or provided for public viewing without express written consent. I further understand and agree that I am responsible for any property/valuables I bring into the properties and hereby acknowledge the Releasees are not responsible for loss, theft or damage of any such property/valuables.
Consent for Emergency Medical Care: I authorize the Releasees and its designated representatives to consent, on my behalf, to any emergency medical/hospital care or treatment to be rendered upon the advice of a licensed physician or emergency medical team. I agree to be responsible for all necessary charges incurred by any hospitalization or treatment rendered pursuant to this authorization.
Please pass this information to all your investigators so they can review before coming.
BY CLICKING THE "I HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS" BUTTON BELOW YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND VOLUNTARILY AGREE TO THE RULES AND WAIVER OF ALL LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT AND CONSENT FOR EMERGENCY TREATMENT and have also been fully advised of potential dangers incidental to engaging in Activity(ies) at The Old Haunted Jail and The Old SpeakEasy and are fully aware of the legal consequences of agreeing to the conditions and terms.. You further agree that no oral representations or statements of inducement apart from the foregoing written agreement have been made. You also further expressly agree that this foregoing release waiver is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
Click the link below and when taken to PayPal enter firstname.lastname@example.org in the "To:" field. Remember for deposits you must enter $100. For payments in full, figure the total cost for all to investigate, less the $100 deposit you made and enter that total in the box. After you send money using PayPal go to This Page and email us the date and location you are requesting and how much you sent us by PayPal (this helps when 2 or more people might be requesting dates).